australia-public-discuss

[Australia-public-discuss] Write a letter to ACIP?

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Australia-public-discuss] Write a letter to ACIP?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:21:51 +0100

Hi all,

So, we missed ACIP's consultation on swpats.  Looking at the respondants,
it's all patent lawyers and patent holders that work at universities.  The
only software player is Microsoft, and patent are a substantial part of
their business.

The consultation's method was clearly flawed.  It failed to reach the
relevent people - those who will be affected by a legislative change.

How about we write ACIP a letter?  We could explain that we didn't hear of
the consultation taking place and that we think the respondants that were
reached are not representative of the software community.  We could then
maker our case, show them all the studies, and ask them to consider this
before they make their proposal.

Comments?

Background info:

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Australian_consultation_responses_2009