auctex

Re: Preview with luatex, preamble caching, and tikz

From: Andreas Matthias
Subject: Re: Preview with luatex, preamble caching, and tikz
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:50:42 +0100

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> wrote:
Unfortunately, as described in the document[1], preview-latex isn't
guaranteed to work under certain conditions when lualatex is used:
,----
| Note that support for preamble cache is limited for LaTeX variants. c.f. https://github.com/davidcarlisle/dpctex/issues/15
|
| XeLaTeX cannot use preamble cache at all. The reason is intrinsic in XeLaTeX, so preview-latex can’t help.
| LuaLaTeX works with preamble cache only when the preamble is simple enough, i.e., when it doesn’t load opentype fonts and it doesn’t use lua codes in preamble.
`----
I suppose loading tikz.sty leads to loading opentype fonts.

Thank you. You are right. Tikz pulls in luaotfload. I didn't pay attention to that.

Regards,
Andreas