auctex

Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore

From: Kourosh Kalayeh
Subject: Re: AUCTeX does not ask for width for \includegraphics macro anymore
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 17:20:44 -0500

Thanks for your response Arash.  Sure, see below.

On Nov 09, 2023 Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

> Kourosh Kalayeh <kourosh2@umbc.edu> writes:
>
>> I am still facing this issue (AUCTeX not asking for `width' in
>> `\includegraphics' macro) in `beamer' mode.  I have tried `Emacs -Q'
>> and same thing happens.  Can anyone please confirm if the issue
>> persists or resolved on your end.
>
> I didn't test it (no test case here) but from looking at the code, I'd
> say it should just work.  Can you come up with a recipe what you do in
> order to reproduce this, starting with emacs -Q?

I start with `emacs -Q' followed by evaluating `(progn (package-initialize t)
(package-activate 'auctex))'.  I then open my `beamer' LaTeX file and do `C-c
RET', at this point I start typing `\includegraphics', I can autocomplete the
macro with `Tab'.  Once I hit return, AUCTeX asks me for `(Optional) Overlay:',
I hit return, then it ask for the `Image file' and that is it.  I am expecting
to be asked for `width' after `Overlay' but that does not happen.

> Maybe you have a stale AUCTeX installation on your HD.  Can you open
> your .tex file where you get the behavior above and do
>
>  M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

Sure, I get `No Emacs Lisp load-path shadowing were found'

> And what's the value of `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' when you open
> your .tex file?  Shouldn't be relevant for emacs -Q case, but just to be
> sure.

Its value is `'show-optional-args''.

Thanks,
Kourosh