auctex

Re: LaTeX commands and packages names autocomplete.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: LaTeX commands and packages names autocomplete.
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 17:58:37 +0800

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 4:17 PM Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Perhaps the simplest solution is to use the cape to interface to
> > well-developed backends.
>
> Please feel free to try it out; maybe you report back how good it works
> with other available backends.  I'd be curious to know how good
> completion for package names in \usepackage{<point-here>} and
> corresponding package options works.

My previous experience of such completions has been based on specific
backends of company-mode. It seems that they do not provide package
options completion.

> I suspect that in your other message[1], you wanted to complete to 'hyperref';

Yes.

> that's a good example for your experiments.

I got the inspiration from the discussions below, but it still seems
complicated to me to figure them out completely:

Using Corfu and Company simultaneously in different modes.
https://github.com/minad/corfu/issues/321

In-buffer completion for normal text/word with ispell + corfu + orderless.
https://github.com/minad/corfu/issues/323

> Best, Arash

Best Regards,
Zhao