auctex

Re: Custom sentinel for "Rerun to get XYZ right"

From: Andreas Matthias
Subject: Re: Custom sentinel for "Rerun to get XYZ right"
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 21:38:56 +0200

Arash Esbati wrote:

> Andreas Matthias <andreas.matthias@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have a LaTeX package that issues a warning "Rerun to get XYZ right",
> > similar to the standard label-ref mechanism of LaTeX. How do I make
> > AUCTeX aware of this warning? Can I add a custom sentinel to
> > TeX-LaTeX-sentinel?
>
> Yes, the standard procedure is to add an entry to `TeX-LaTeX-sentinel'.
> E.g., this is an entry added for exim[1].

I was hoping that there existed a hook to do this.

> Can't you use usual messages provided by LaTeX kernel itself?  Or is
> AUCTeX missing to parse kernel messages properly?

Yes, AUCTeX doesn't understand my custom warning messages from a
package I'm developing right now. Well, the warnings are generated
by standard LaTeX3 methods, but anyway they are not recognized by AUCTeX.

Well. If there's no hook, I'll try to modify TeX-LaTeX-sentinel.

Andreas