auctex

Re: Command to open logfile

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Command to open logfile
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:13:23 +0100

On Sat, Feb 13 2021, jfbu wrote:
> Le 13/02/2021 à 13:28, Joost Kremers a écrit :
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 13 2021, jfbu wrote:
>>> although TeX-command-list did not like a lot being customized
>>> at least some time ago in the distant past and foggy memories
>>
>> I do this in my init file, using `add-to-list`:
>>
>> ```
>> (with-eval-after-load 'tex
>>    ;; add a "Crop PDF" entry to TeX-command-list
>>    (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
>>                 '("Crop PDF" "pdfcrop %P" TeX-run-command nil t :help "Crop
>> pdf file")
>>                 'append))
>> ```
>>
>> That way when a newer version of AUCTeX adds new entries to
>> `TeX-command-list`
>> you'll get them, too, without losing your customisations.
>>

> Thanks for the tip!
>
> But this probably means "Crop PDF" will be last entry?

Yes, because of the `'append` argument to `add-to-list`. If you leave it out, it
will be added to the beginning of the list. If you want it in the middle, you'll
need to do some setcdr-magic, I guess.

> but I removed entries which are not useful to me.

Of course, if you want to remove entries from the list, `add-to-list` won't help
you. :-)

I also don't use all entries in the list, but I decided to leave them in for
just this reason. I don't look at the menu very often anyway, because I just
type a few characters to narrow down the list. (Also, I use prescient.el, so the
order of the elements in the list isn't really relevant.)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments