auctex-devel

Re: Cosmetic patch for AUCTeX

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Cosmetic patch for AUCTeX
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:20:07 +0100

Hi Stefan,

> The patch below removes the fallback code for when `nadvice` is not
> available, replacing it with a dependency on `nadvice-0.3` (which
> could be replaced by a dependency on Emacs-24.4).

Thanks, Mr. Janitor!  The patch looks good to me and its definitely fine
for our ELPA releases.  However, what about our standard tarball
releases?  There, Package-Requires has no meaning and we'd inevitable
need to bump the emacs version requirement to 24.4.  That's basically
fine with me (24.4 came out in 2014) but requires some discussion.

Is there any good reason to stick to emacs 24.3 compatibility (at least
for the upcoming AUCTeX 13.1 release)?

Bye,
Tassilo