auctex-devel

Re: Query for environment to include in `LaTeX-env-figure'

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Query for environment to include in `LaTeX-env-figure'
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:03:06 +0900

Hi Arash,

> I like the idea, but `LaTeX-default-tabular-environment' is notoriously
> the one I currently don't want.  Should we change this part a little in
> order to give users a chance to pick up what they want?  I'm thinking
> about a change like this:

It looks basically good, though the patch actually doesn't apply for me
with an error saying "Patching file latex.el using Plan A...
patch: **** malformed patch at line 116: Over the time, we have to adjust the
regexp, but it should get us".

But shouldn't we wait for Mosè to make a new release before making a
large change? (And what happend to him? Does anyone know?)

> +        (let (result)
> +          (dolist (env (mapcar #'car (LaTeX-environment-list)) result)
> +            (when (string-match (concat
> +                                 "\\`tabular"
> +                                 "\\|"
> +                                 "\\(tabular\\|[a-zA-Z]+tables?\\)\\*?\\'")
> +                                env)
> +              (push env result))))

Speaking about this part, maybe we should consider to exclude "expert"
environments:
       (let (result)
         (dolist (entry (LaTeX-environment-list-filtered) result)
           (when (string-match (concat
                                "\\`tabular"
                                "\\|"
                                "\\(tabular\\|[a-zA-Z]+tables?\\)\\*?\\'")
                               (car entry))
             (push (car entry) result))))

...but wait, I just noticed that the implementation of
`TeX-complete-make-expert-command-functions' seems to have a defect. I'm
currently not sure whether `LaTeX-environment-list-filtered' works as
expected or not. I'll write the detail in another message later.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita