auctex-devel

Re: locate-library for lisp files in style directory?

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: locate-library for lisp files in style directory?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 16:08:43 +0900

Hi Uwe,

> That puzzled me for a long time, how can I check, if actually a file in
> auctex style directory is used?

> locate-library seems not to work since there is actually no path set to
> that directory. Well the TeX-style-*whatever* variable is set but
> locate-library does not work for these.

> So how can I figure out whether or which style file is used?

With respect to "whether", you can obtain approximate result by
(locate-library "STYLE-NAME" nil TeX-style-path)
.
The above code shows only the first match. AUCTeX loads _all_ style
files found in TeX-style-path. If you really want to know all of them,
make a new function by modifying TeX-load-style.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita