auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Many commands in TeX-command-list are not useful in c

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Many commands in TeX-command-list are not useful in context-mode
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 15:49:38 +0200

Hi Colin,

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 19:45, Colin Baxter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Not everybody uses ConTeXt and I for one use dvi2ps, ps2pdf and index
> nearly everyday.

Sure, but the proposed patch hides by default some commands in
context-mode only, LaTeX users won't be affected by this.

@Mohammad: thanks for your patch!

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 16:21, Mohammad Hossein Bateni <address@hidden> wrote:
> In Mark IV (which has been the preferred version for over a decade and
> is actively developed), a new bibliography package is also available,
> which can process old bibtex files as well.  So there is no need for
> BibTeX.

I'm a bit confused here.  You say that there is no need for BibTeX, but
in the patch you enable the bibtex command for context-mode, too.
Actually, the change for bibtex doesn't seem to change anything as the
command is enabled for all available modes, as before.  Perhaps you
meant not to include context-mode?  The patch looks good to me
otherwise.

Please note that AUCTeX is part of the GNU project and as such any
contributors needs to assign their copyright to the Free Software
Foundation and be willing to publish their code under the terms of the
GNU Public License v3.   If you're happy with these conditions, in
case you didn't assign before your copyright to FSF before for Emacs
or AUCTeX (I can't check myself right now), please follow the
instructions here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future.
Regarding the project you assign the copyright for, if it's AUCTeX
you'll be able to contribute to AUCTeX only, if it's Emacs you'll be
able to contribute to Emacs and any other Emacs package available with
GNU ELPA, including AUCTeX, thus we recommend assigning the copyright
for Emacs.

Bye,
Mosè