auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] TeX-complete-symbol doesn't work in math mode for user-de

From: Andrea Greselin
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-complete-symbol doesn't work in math mode for user-defined commands
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 11:07:50 +0200

Hello,

I can't find a way to make AUCTeX complete user-defined commands in math mode.

As an example, in the document below TeX-complete-symbol works outside
of math mode, but if I prepend a dollar sign to the command name it
doesn't complete it, returning TeX-complete-symbol: Can’t find
completion for "\rnd".

\documentclass{article}

\newcommand{\rndvar}{X}

\begin{document}

\rnd%      TeX-complete-symbol works here
$\rnd$%    but not here,
$\rnd%     nor here.

\end{document}

I'm on GNU Emacs 25.2.2, AUCTeX is v. 12.1.2. My init.el consists of

(require 'package)
(package-initialize)
(require 'reftex)

I've posted a question on
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/482457/tex-complete-symbol-doesnt-work-in-math-mode,
if you'd like answer there so it's publicly visible.

Thank you for maintaining AUCTeX, awesome tool! :-)

Best wishes,
Andrea