Re: [aspell-devel] patch: new tex mode

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] patch: new tex mode
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 21:18:34 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011, Matthias Franz wrote:

Hello,

attached is a patch for a (hopefully) improved TeX/LaTeX mode for
Aspell 0.60.6.

Thank you for this patch. I think I will accept it in some form, maybe for Aspell 0.60.7 (which I really hope to release sometime soon, like within the next month or so). I haven't decided yet. I might end up accepting it as a separate filter such as "tex2" and also provide the original filter. For Aspell 0.61 I will most likely accept it as a replacement, but see the note below.

One question:

3) Discretionary hyphens and italic corrections are ignored. For
example, "hy\-phen" and "shelf\/ful" are recognized as single words.
(This is a hack, but it seems to work.)

Can you explain how this hack works. I actually have a proper fix for this in Aspell 0.61, so for Aspell 0.61 this hack should probably be removed.