[aspell-devel] soundslike lookup with affix compression

From: suman
Subject: [aspell-devel] soundslike lookup with affix compression
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:16:50 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

This is in reference to the following excerpt from the  <<Things I would
like to get done>> list at your page  http://aspell.net/

> Support soundslike lookup with affix compression. I think it is
possible, although I
> don't know how effective it will be. The basic idea is to affix compress
the soundslike
> codes and then match the codes up with affix compressed words. If you
are interested,
> email address@hidden, and I will explain it in more detail.

I need not flutter myself to say that I had kind of a similar idea in
mind, and some bits more, in case what you have in mind above is the
"Soundex algorithm". I shall be very much interested in these
developments, and at least a perl version can be built pretty fast given
that the ideas are fixed.

Just one line about myself. I am a mathematician, well I used to be. I
have worked as a statistician, and algorithm designer in the position of a
scientist in the industry, and have a good reputation as  a programmer.

Shall be looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Suman Bandyopadhyay.