Re: [aspell-devel] Problem with compiled dictionary

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Problem with compiled dictionary
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:03:21 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Kevin Scannell wrote:

I'm preparing a new release of my Irish aspell package.

I create the tarball as usual and everything looks ok:
http://borel.slu.edu/obair/aspell5-ga-4.4-0.tar.bz2

After I do
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

After doing this I get files in /usr/lib/aspell with the correct time stamps.

Then I usually test the installed package by running:

$ cat ga.cwl | /usr/bin/word-list-compress d  | LC_ALL=C aspell -dga list

expecting no output.

But with the package above I get exactly 4 words as output (accepting
the other 323K !)

d'orgán
m'orgán
n-arm
t-arm

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Nothing I think this is a bug in Aspell.

It is fixed in Aspell 0.61. I don't remember the cause. If I think of a work around I will let you know.