[aspell-devel] List words of a dictionnary.

From: Jean-Rémy Falleri
Subject: [aspell-devel] List words of a dictionnary.
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:47:25 +0200

Hello!

I am a PhD and I am currently analyzing Aspell API to see if I can use
it to produce useful (and free) natural language processing tools. I
want to implement a cool feature using Aspell: NGram based language
detection of a document (it means that given a text, guess the
language of this text). That could be a useful feature to add into the
Aspell API to. In order to do that, I need to build NGram profiles for
a language.

To do that, I have to read the list of all the words of a given
language dictionary and build a table like that:
ngram frequency

with ngram a sequence of letters (with len(ngram) < 5) and frequency
the number of time it appears in the words of the dictionnary.

To do that using Aspell, I need a function in the Aspell API that can
list all the words of a given dictionnary. After having read the whole
aspell.h file, I have reached the conclusion that it does not exist
yet. Am I right? Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks in advance for the answer, and kudos to all the developer of
this really usefull program.

Regards.
--
Jean-Rémy Falleri <address@hidden>