Re: [aspell-devel] Is Aspell Still Relevant in Light of Hunspell?

From: Ethan Bradford
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Is Aspell Still Relevant in Light of Hunspell?
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:29:17 -0700

Hunspell seems to have much more active support, and the morphological advantages it has over Aspell (multiple suffixes, suffixes and prefixes on the same word) make it easier to work with for Arabic and Turkish, the two languages I've worked on.  I guess my ideal world would be putting all the work that's going into Aspell into providing Hunspell with any additional Aspell capabilities it's missing, so there's one strongly supported open-source spell checker.