[aspell-devel] option to add extra ignore characters

From: Stefan Kost
Subject: [aspell-devel] option to add extra ignore characters
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:34:35 +0200

hi,

I took another attempt at spell checking sources using
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.4)

I run
aspell -c --mode=ccpp -p ./.aspell_dict.pws xxx.c

and I create the personal dictionary from the tags file and file-name basenames. This is to automatically have a sensible wordlist. When trying to use the list I get error like this:

Error: ./.aspell_dict.pws: The word "adapter_test" is invalid. The character '_' (U+5F) may not appear in the middle of a word. Error: ./.aspell_dict.pws: The word "appendix-win32" is invalid. The character '3' (U+33) may not appear in the middle of a word. Error: ./.aspell_dict.pws: The word "appendix-win32" is invalid. The character '3' (U+33) must be followed by an alphabetic character.

I already started to muck with my /usr/lib/aspell/en.dat and adding
and so on. This helps with allowing to get rid of the *in the middle' warnings but not of the latter (must be followed by an alphabetic character).

The personal dictionary starts with:
personal_ws-1.1 en 701

What about having some 'dummy' language for this purpose? I mean, when using generated wordlists, I don't want any affix handling and the like. Just adding these workds as valid words.

While speaking of personal dictionaries, could aspell please save those sorted? If keeping them in the source repository it would be handy to have minimal diff.

Stefan