[aspell-devel] Using aspell as scrabble dictionary

From: Michal Sciubidlo
Subject: [aspell-devel] Using aspell as scrabble dictionary
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:50:39 +0100

Hello

I want to make scrabble game that can play in many languages. For each
language i need dictionary in specific format (direct acyclic word-graph
described by Appel&Jacobson in publication from 1988). This format gives very
good speed when finding words and is quite compact. Unfortunately each
dictionary will take about 1MB. So i fought about using aspell for it. I
don't think that i could aspell dictionary directly but i fought about
generating word list from aspell and then converting it to DAWG. Is it
doable? I looked at documentation superficially but i didn't find it. Should
i go deeper in docs/code?