Re: [aspell-devel] What should version info for a libaspell.dll contain?

From: Peter Kümmel
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] What should version info for a libaspell.dll contain?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:34:42 +0200

Gary Setter wrote:
> I have a simple Windows program that uses aspell for it's spell
> check feature. The source forge page is here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary
>
> I had intended to make source only distribution of this project,
> however there was a lot of demand for a binary, but not for
> anything *I* wrote, for aspell.
> I discovered that the LyX project also uses aspell in the same
> way. It even has a dll, but I have no idea where it came from.
> That makes me want to put version info in the libaspell.dll file.
> This I have done. However, is how I've done it acceptable to
> Kevin  and his crew here?
> I called it version 0.0.0.1 and under comments I have this:
> "Based on Aspell 0.61 from CVS with changes for Descriptive Data
> Diary project."
> No company name, no trademark, no endearing icon.
> Is this what you want, or should I make changes, or remove it?

Hi Gary,
as far as I know the Dll which comes with lyx is a very old
version of aspell. Currently we at lyx try to use the cvs
version on windows, but aspell-cvs is broken, I've filed
a bug report but there was no reaction.

Do you have you patches against the cvs version of aspell?
We have a build system and patches in the lyx repository
and we could also host your patches.

Cheers,
Peter