Re: [aspell-devel] A couple of questions about Aspell

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] A couple of questions about Aspell
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:03:15 -0800

On January 9, 2006 05:44 am, Johnny Pickle wrote:
> We will of course make the
> modified source available to the public when we release.

Can you notify the list as well when you are done? Thanks

> With this
> said, I have two questions:  Is there any way to decrease the number
> of suggestions besides using sug-mode ultra?  Even when using the
> sug-mode ultra a simple spelling mistake such as tessst can return
> many suggestions.

I tried tessst and they appeared to be somewhat reasonable suggestions.
The only thing I can think of is to use a smaller dictionary, maybe one
suited to the task (mostly programming words?)   :-/

> Second, what would be your approved method of
> resolving the following compiler error?

I'm not a C++ programmer, or have vc++, but looking at it from a C point
of view, have you tried putting brackets around the problem function?

>           n->data.~Value();    <= Causing error.

           n->data.(~(Value()));        <-possible?

If it doesn't work, sorry if I couldn't help much.
Hopefully someone who appreciates C++ could reply.

Looking at it, what appears to be happening is that the while loop is
looking for the end of the linked list (ending in zero).

data.next->data.next->data.next->....->data.0==end