Re: [aspell-devel] sort personal dictionaries

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] sort personal dictionaries
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:05:38 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Karl Chen wrote:

Hi, I keep my personal dictionary in version control (Subversion),
so it is important to me that it be stored sorted
lexicographically (or at least in some canonical order).
Currently it is straight out of the hash table and changes every
save.

Would it be possible to output the personal dictionary sorted, if
so specified by a configuration option?  Also I would like to be
able write "0" as the size hint, to be able to merge the
dictionary from multiple places without conflicts.

I can write a patch if necessary.  It looks like only
WritableDict::save() needs to be modified.

I will consider a patch but only if it is made optional at run-time via a configure option.