Re: [aspell-devel] Python bindings for aspell 0.60 available

From: Gora Mohanty
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Python bindings for aspell 0.60 available
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 06:36:14 +0100 (BST)

--- Jose Da Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
> That was a considerable amount of effort!

Actually, the Python bindings part of it was quite
simple, thanks to SWIG. And the GUI wasn't that bad
with pygtk. I am using it as an opportunity to
learn Python and pygtk.

[...]
> Kevin, SWIG, looks like python has a usefull binding
> for aspell.  :-)

Actually, there is also aspell-python from
http://www.republika.pl/wmula/proj/aspell-python/
which actually has a more natural, class-based
interface for Python habituees. However, last I
checked, it had problems with aspell 0.6 and python
2.4.
  I have added functionality to the wordspell.py
program, and am in the process of writing a
filespell.py to spellcheck documents. As part of the
process, I am refactoring the Python code to set up
a class-based interface. Should have something out in
a week or so.

Regards,
Gora