Re: [aspell-devel] aspell command reference

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] aspell command reference
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:27:48 -0700

On July 5, 2005 06:35 am, Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi again
>
> if I may make one suggestion, A command reference would be handy.

If you drop into a command shell and type:
man aspell
or
info aspell
....then it may be what you are looking for.
However, note, it appears they need some updates right now.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-devel/2005-06/msg00005.html

> This is more important that features. The aspell --help lists
> commands first but is very brief about {dump|create|merge}
> {master|personal|repl} [<name>].

You could say that 99% of the time, nobody needs to read the --help and
it would simply be loaded into memory taking up unneeded RAM space and
requiring extra time to load due to the size of the program (with extra
stuff).
It makes sense to keep --help brief for the odd time you need help, this
way it keeps the programs and library light.

Hope that helps.