Re: [aspell-devel] use of TAGS file for spellchecking in C mode

From: Stefan Kost
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] use of TAGS file for spellchecking in C mode
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:31:33 +0200

Hi Gary,
On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 10:28 -0500, Gary Setter wrote:
> [...]
unfortunately all this information is splatterned across the docs (I am
reading
http://aspell.sourceforge.net/0.50-doc/man-html/index.html, never docs
are not
online :-( ) My installed aspell-0.60.2 does not even has docs installed
(I am on gentoo and usually install docs).
My initial tests are not prommising either:

$ cat tags.wordlist
my_test_function

$ aspell --lang=en create master ./tags <tags.wordlist
Warning: The word "my_test_function" is invalid. The character '_' (U
+5F) may not appear in the middle of a word. Skipping word.
Segmentation fault

At first this dictionary does not really need a language, should imho be
"C" or "POSIX". Does anyone has done this at all or is this only
supposed to work, but has never actually been tried?

Stefan