Re: [aspell-devel] Multi-user aspell usage.

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Multi-user aspell usage.
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:44:20 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Atkinson" <address@hidden>
To: "Kevin Tew" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 2:22 PM

> [CC aspell-devel, please do the same]
>
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Kevin Tew wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the quick reply,
> >
> > I've compiled the 60.2 tar ball release using MSYS

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-user/2004-12/msg00015.html
was
> > very helpful
> >
> > I added this include to common/file_util.cpp
> > #include "asc_ctype.hpp"
> >
> > -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc
> > should be added to CXXLINK during configure for msys
> >

> > configure didn't find mmap or iconv
> > I'm guessing if I don't have mmap support I can't avoid the
problem below.
> > If this is true, I'd be willing to rough in some mmap support
for win32

> MMAP might work with Cygwin.  However if you are using Aspell
0.60 than
> you don't need to worry about it as much as Aspell 0.60 will
cache
> instances of the dictionary class and reuse them.  Thus
multiple copies
> will not be used.

Please forgive me if I misunderstand the topic, but I want make
sure you understand that Windows program will not share memory
unless a server, or service has been defined. I've only seen the
aspell library defined as a dll, and a dll will create new
objects for each instance of the application.

Best regards,
Gary