[aspell-devel] configure hangs under cygwin

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [aspell-devel] configure hangs under cygwin
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:46:52 -0600

Hi,

The configure script that came with aspell 0.06.2 hangs on me.
I'm runng cygwin.
The problem seem to be in the Output variables section. I've
appended a script that demos the problem. If I remove the "|
sort", the script terminates successfully.
I tried a real simple example of a for loop that pipes to sort.
That example works fine.
Anyone else out there running cygwin? Are you have problems in
that area?

Best regards,
Gary

#! /bin/sh
    cat <<\_ASBOX
## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##
_ASBOX
    echo "ready\n"
ac_subst_vars='SHELL PATH_SEPARATOR PACKAGE_NAME PACKAGE_TARNAME
PACKAGE_VERSION PACKAGE_STRING PACKAGE_BUGREPORT exec_prefix
prefix program_transform_name bindir sbindir libexecdir datadir
sysconfdir sharedstatedir localstatedir libdir includedir
oldincludedir infodir mandir build_alias host_alias target_alias
DEFS ECHO_C ECHO_N ECHO_T LIBS build build_cpu build_vendor
build_os host host_cpu host_vendor host_os target target_cpu
target_vendor target_os INSTALL_PROGRAM INSTALL_SCRIPT
INSTALL_DATA CYGPATH_W PACKAGE VERSION ACLOCAL AUTOCONF AUTOMAKE
AUTOHEADER MAKEINFO install_sh STRIP ac_ct_STRIP
INSTALL_STRIP_PROGRAM mkdir_p AWK SET_MAKE am__leading_dot AMTAR
am__tar am__untar MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE MAINTAINER_MODE_FALSE
MAINT pkgdocdir pkgdatadir pkglibdir CXX CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS
CPPFLAGS ac_ct_CXX EXEEXT OBJEXT DEPDIR am__include am__quote
AMDEP_TRUE AMDEP_FALSE AMDEPBACKSLASH CXXDEPMODE
am__fastdepCXX_TRUE am__fastdepCXX_FALSE CC CFLAGS ac_ct_CC
CCDEPMODE am__fastdepCC_TRUE am__fastdepCC_FALSE EGREP LN_S ECHO
AR ac_ct_AR RANLIB ac_ct_RANLIB CPP CXXCPP F77 FFLAGS ac_ct_F77
LIBTOOL SED PERLPROG COMPILE_IN_FILTERS_TRUE
COMPILE_IN_FILTERS_FALSE PSPELL_COMPATIBILITY_TRUE
PSPELL_COMPATIBILITY_FALSE INCREMENTED_SONAME_TRUE
INCREMENTED_SONAME_FALSE MKINSTALLDIRS USE_NLS MSGFMT GMSGFMT
XGETTEXT MSGMERGE LIBICONV LTLIBICONV INTLLIBS LIBINTL LTLIBINTL
POSUB PTHREAD_LIB CURSES_LIB CURSES_INCLUDE LIBOBJS LTLIBOBJS'
ac_subst_files=''
    echo
    for ac_var in $ac_subst_vars
    do