Re: [aspell-devel] New Aspell Snapshot and Language Package

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] New Aspell Snapshot and Language Package
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:09:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Brian Nelson wrote:

> Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >   * Removed support for stripping accents.  Because of this
> >     THE ASPELL 0.50 ENGLISH DICTIONARY PACKAGE WILL NO LONGER WORK.  YOU
> >     NEED TO DOWNLOAD A NEW ONE FROM
> >     ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/en/
>
> The file there is named "aspell6-en-0.01.tar.bz2".  What package name
> should the Debian package use?  aspell6-en seems weird, but if I drop
> the 6, the version 0.01 is obviously less than the current 0.51-1
> version.

The version 0.01 is temporary.  You can use 0.51.1 which it what I will
name the next release.  Eventually all dictionaries will be either
'aspell5' or 'aspell6' to make the distinction between those made for
Aspell 0.50 and those made for Aspell 0.60 clear and to allow the version
number to match the upstream version of the source word list.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org