Re: [aspell-devel] Problems with aspell-en license

From: Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Problems with aspell-en license
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:30:39 -0500

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 12:14:46PM +0200, Peter Makholm wrote:
> The making of usable wordlists is a substantial investment in
> verification. The work on the danish dictionary is one of the most
> boring tasks I've ever been involved with in relation to open
> source. I don't want to know how many man month we have spend and how
> many we have to spend before we're comparable to the commercial
> dictionaries.

All right, fine.  File a grave bug against all wordlist packages in
Debian and insist upon their removal from the archive until it can be
established that they don't violate EU law.

If need be, I can host the removed packages from my public_html
directory on people.debian.org, which is a U.S. host.  Of course, only
Debian users from the U.S., Canada, and other countries that respect the
principle of _Feist_ can use them.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to