Re: [aspell-devel] ANNOUNCE: Patch so that Aspell with Compile with VC++

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] ANNOUNCE: Patch so that Aspell with Compile with VC++
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:25:45 +0200

Hi

>   It's a bit of a mess, we were not very consistent in our editing. We
>   went for the quickess fix, so a few things were just disabled, like
>   file locking and locales. And we had to remove a few const.
>
> I, the author of Aspell, do not even know if it will work or the other
> steps needed to get Aspell to compile under Win32.  If you have
> problems with this patch please contact Francois Boudreau
> <address@hidden> and not me since I do not have a copy of VC++
> and in general dislike Microsoft Windows.

Me too is not verry proud of Win(Dos) stuff but during my diploma thesis and
in future for my work I'll have to develope the utilities for both
Unix/Linux(the entire developement system) Win(dos) (the system adopted too.
Therefore I had a glimps at the patch and i can say that most of the changes
are simply removed gcc features and conveniences.

The only thing  i would change the following parts as follows

#ifdef ASPELL_ALL_DLL_EXPORTS
#define ASPELL_ALL_DLL_API extern "C" __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define ASPELL_ALL_DLL_API extern "C" __declspec(dllimport)
#endif

#ifdef _WIN32
#ifdef ASPELL_ALL_DLL_EXPORTS
#define ASPELL_ALL_DLL_API extern "C" __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define ASPELL_ALL_DLL_API extern "C" __declspec(dllimport)
#endif
#else
#define ASPELL_ALL_DLL_API
#endif

in order to be able to sooner or later make the patch for VC++ oficial code :)

cu
Christoph

--
It doesn't matter what you are