[aspell-devel] aspell and auctex on win32

From: Erik Frisk
Subject: [aspell-devel] aspell and auctex on win32
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:43:47 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I am normally a solaris/linux user and the combination aspell/AUC-TeX
works like a charm.

However, today I tried to install aspell on a friends Windows98 machine.
At first it seemed to work fine. Spell-checking works great in
text/fundamental-mode, but as soon as I enter LaTeX-mode (both auctex and
the one that is shipped with emacs) spell checking the entire buffer
freezes emacs (cheking a single word with M-$ still works fine).

Anyone that recognizes this problem and know what to do about it?

If I am not mistaken a collegue had the same problem trying to install
ispell on a win2000 machine so it may not be aspell that is the
culprit. But maybe some celver person on aspell-devel knows what to do
about it.

Regards,

        /Erik

Erik Frisk                            email:         address@hidden
Dept. of Electrical Engineering         tel:            +46 13 285714
Linköping University                    fax:            +46 13 282035
S-581 83 Linköping
SWEDEN                                       www.fs.isy.liu.se/~frisk