arx-users

[Arx-users] ArX-2.2.4

From: Walter Landry
Subject: [Arx-users] ArX-2.2.4
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:21:56 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce another release of ArX.  You can find it in
the usual place from savannah

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/arx/ArX-2.2.4.tar.gz

and a deb for Debian testing from

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/arx/arx_2.2.3-1_i386.deb

The big difference is that merging has improved in several ways.

I have appended the release notes below.

Cheers,
Walter

ArX-2.2.4 2005-Nov-16

"merge" now uses a three-way merge by default, with support for
external merge tools.  "merge" also now takes the --update option
instead of using heuristics.

"merge", "dopatch", and "replay" now record when there are conflicts
in the tree, and "commit" will refuse to act unless they are cleaned
up with "resolve".

The --silent, --quiet, --default-output, --report, and --verbose
options have been replaced with -v and -q options.

ArX is now much more clever when dealing with renames.

"commit" and "tag" now support --author and --date options.

The patch queue manager has been updated.

Some bugs when working across filesystems have been fixed.