arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Real-world ArX usage

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Real-world ArX usage
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:40:40 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Then, I think we would use the patch queue manager to merge each
> developer's changes into a staging mirror of the master archive. I
> haven't looked at the PQM yet, but we would want a way to trigger it
> without using email.

I just had an argument about this.  What is wrong with email?  You
have to run a server that listens for merge requests.  Email is nice
in that it is ubiquitous, well understood, rarely firewalled, and easy
to hook into other programs.  The person I talked to suggested lpd,
but I don't see any advantages over email.

Cheers,
Walter