arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] ArX and simplicity

From: Amine Chadly
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] ArX and simplicity
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:18:20 +0200

Hello !

> I may have asked about or mentioned this before, but would it be
> possible to clearly separate archives from branches? Just trying to find
> an example in the manual, I'm not sure which archive/branch names I
> might grab that might be relevant and which are not.

Curiously, this has not been my biggest trouble :-).
As you said it, with good names, you know exactly what's going on, and
the browse command saves the day.

What I have been asking myself lately is a result from an earlier
discussion between you and Walter.
It was about the workstation-laptop scenario.
I have been thinking about that idea of having unique revision
identifications.
I was also trying to understand that 'uncentralized' buzz of bitkeeper
which is difficult as I have never used it.
Anyways, at one point you asked :

> We have one conceptual archive, but two actual copies. One is an ArX
> mirror of the other. Or are they each mirrors of each other? In some
> cases, might one be an scp exact copy of the other?

and Walter answered :
> All of the above.

I would like to know how one would end up in such situation.

Basically, I have been asking myself how a everyday use of ArX would be
like in a development team... and I still haven't found a simple answer
yet.

Cheers,
 -amine