arx-users

[Arx-users] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] State of the Arches

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: [Arx-users] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] State of the Arches
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:45:39 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Tom Lord wrote:

> `ArX' is a fork of Arch that started back when `larch' was still
> the only viable implementation.   Walter Landry was an early
> pioneer in the field of distrusting my leadership to the point of
> branching:

>From my point of view as a user of Arch from these days, I don't think
`distrust' is the best word here. Please do not forget that it was Walter
who started maintaining larch when you burn out. I think we thank him for
several larch pre releases. Also we thank him to provoke you so much that
you recover and jump to Arch development sooner than later. Imagine that
it also might have some impact on Arch future...

> he set out to reimplement `larch' in /C++/ and by all
> reports has done quite well.  Of slight concern, perhaps, is that
> `ArX' has fallen out of compatability, as far as I know, with `tla'
> and `baz'.   It might be helpful, incidentally, for the greater
> Arch community to help repair any residual personality rift between
> Landry and I, at least enough to repair bidirectional compatability
> between all branches.

That would be just great!

Karel
--