arx-users

[Arx-users] Codecon Talk

From: Walter Landry
Subject: [Arx-users] Codecon Talk
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:46:32 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I recently gave a talk on ArX [1] at Codecon.  In the talk, I compared
different distributed version control systems, including Darcs.  In
particular, I compared performance on the linux kernel.  Since I used
your bkcvs2darcs script to do the initial import of the kernel tree, I
thought it only polite to alert you to the results.  The performance
results are a bit off for darcs.  I used the --to-match option to get
only the first 100, 300, 500, etc. patches, but I think it actually
slurped up more (I mentioned this in my talk).

In any case, you can find the Openoffice presentation at

  http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/codecon/codecon.sxi

There is also an html export at

 http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/codecon/codecon.html

If I have made some glaring error, please let me know.

Cheers,
Walter

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/arx/