arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] ArX-2.2.0

From: Marc Recht
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] ArX-2.2.0
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:07:00 +0100

Hmm.  What if I updated the configure script to check for those as
well?  Much like how it now looks for gnutar, then gtar, then tar.  I
could have it look for python, python2.4, python2.3, python2.2,
python2.1, and python2.0.  Debian and Redhat also use a similar naming
scheme, although they do provide the plain old "python".  Then it
should work out of the box on NetBSD.

That'd be good. Another minor thing is that if no gpg is installed (or not found by configure) then configure writes a note that ArX will be unable to sign archives -- which is wrong from my understanding. If I'm not mistaken than I could also edit the config later to point to the installed gpg executable. Or am I wrong?

Cheers,
Marc