arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive

From: Marc Recht
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:38:36 +0100

I have tracked down this problem to a difference in semantics between
Linux and OS X.  If you hard link a symlink in Linux, you get a
symlink.  If you do that in OS X, you get a hard linked file.  ArX
does this when copying trees around.  The solution is to change the

Oh my... But, if I get http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/link.html correctly then this (OS X's way) seems to be the correct way. It'd be interessting how other OSes (eg. Solaris) behave.

definition of copy_link in
src/boost/libs/filesystem/src/operations_posix_windows.cpp line 569
from

[...]

When I do that, I get new problems with being unable to delete a
non-empty directory.  My guess is that the switch to using gnome-vfs
to do the delete didn't really solve the problem.  However, I am going

Hmm, I my case it deleted the files and directories correctly, but I'll recheck this with the above changes.

on vacation, so I won't be able to debug this more until next year.

Happy holidays and merry Christmas.

Cheers,
Marc