arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] useful lib...

From: Amine Chadly
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] useful lib...
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:24:59 +0100

Walter Landry wrote:

I assume that you meant to send this to the list.

You assumed right :-)

If I understand what you wrote correctly, all local calls made
through gnome-vfs should be replaced by boost call, while the
retreiving of remote files shall be done using whatever library we
end up using right ?
Yes.

Ok thanks for confirming...

I am wondering if we could not have some kind of abstraction level
that would encapsulate filesystem calls.

That would be the interface exposed by src/arx/include/gvfs.hpp. So
you need equivalents for

 fill_directory_list
 Init
 exists
 is_directory
 is_link
 make_directory
 copy
 remove
 out_file
 in_file
 read_file_into_string

write_archive, read_archive, and remove_all are defined in terms of these.

Ok, I guess we could come up with a file name io.hpp that would hide the underlaying lib that
would be used...

If you agree with the idea, I am willing to dig in that direction
under your supervision, as soon as I manage to get a internet
connection at home (I am hoping to get this before next year :-) .

Sounds great.  The first thing you should do is just get local stuff
working with boost.  That should be enough to have a working pure
win32 port.  Then you can add in the libraries (curl, silc, neon).

Good to hear, I will start working on that hopefully this week-end, and no later than next
week... Be prepared for probable questions by then ;-)

End of year is getting close, anybody made wishes concerning ArX to Santa ? ;-)

Take care,
-amine