arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:43:05 -0500 (EST)

Marc Recht <address@hidden> wrote:
> > It looks like it is having problems deleting the ,,merge_branches temp
> > directory.  Specifically, it is not deleting all of the contents of a
> > directory before deleting the directory.  What happens if you comment
> > out the destructor in src/arx/include/Temp_Directory.hpp (lines 45-48)
> >

> It leaves 62 ,,* (non-empty) directories, but seems to complete.

Great.  At least we now know where the problem is.  The only thing
that I can think of is that readdir is not reentrant, so it finished
the listing of the subdirectory before it is empty.  Someone just
posted a patch to the Boost web site adding that functionality in.  I
will update you when I have a patch.

Thanks,
Walter