arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] useful lib...

From: Kevin Light
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] useful lib...
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:09:15 -0500 (EST)

> Actually, I wasn't aware.  But I did just ask on the gnome-vfs list
> about win32, and the response was the same thing you just said: ORBit2
> is problematic.  With your new information, I found this thread
>
>   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2003-August/msg00170.html
>
> which references a bug that hasn't seen activity for about 6 months. So
> I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ouch, I hadn't found and followed that thread until just now.  I guess you
know its a sticky problem when the designers are questioning the best
solution.  I was hoping that you'd get more than one reply on the
gnome-vfs list.  The funny part (to me any way) is that on the ORBit2 home
page, Windows is listed as a supported platform.  I suppose it is true as
the full requirements are not really listed.

> gnome-vfs is not a "light" library, even on Linux.  But Cygwin would be
> better than nothing right now.

Very true, but the beauty of gnome-vfs is its all encompassing capability.
 Cygwin is a starting place for sure.  There are many bare-bones Cygwin
apps distributed so it is do-able if that's what it takes.

Thanks for keeping this project alive.

K.