arx-users

[Arx-users] register-archive and signing

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Arx-users] register-archive and signing
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:51:35 -0500

I'm thinking that I want to create an alias for ~wlandry named simply
"walter" (because address@hidden is too hard to remember and/or
type). That way, I could do things like:
  arx diff --revision walter/arx.2.1

Are there any reasons that creating aliases like that should be
discouraged?

But I'm using the very latest arx, and the help for register-archive
says:

---
Record the location of an archive.  You must register the location
of an archive before you can access it.  If the archive name is omitted,
then ArX will attempt to read the name and any public keys directly
from the archive.  If you specify both the name and location, then ArX
will
not download any public keys.  In that case, the archive will be treated
as
if it is not signed.
---

So would that really disable signature checking? Is that just a
temporary state while you're working on the signing feature, or do you
envision it staying that way as a "feature"?

Kevin