arx-users

[Arx-users] bash autocompletion problems

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Arx-users] bash autocompletion problems
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:38:06 -0500

[Side question: Walter: Would you prefer that I enter stuff like this
into the Bug Tracker? If so, should I also send a message to the list,
or will you get notified automatically?]

I noticed that the bash completion didn't seem to match ArX. Finally, I
realized that the completion stuff is cached, so every time I upgrade to
a newer ArX, I need to re-do the completion stuff. Would be nice if
there were a way to do this automatically (somehow). At a minimum, some
kind of reminder(s) would be helpful.

But the tools/bash-complete/gen-opt-cache script seems to be broken, so
after running it, autocomplete is even worse. Basically, it thinks there
are no subcommands.

I know very little about bash/grep/awk, so hopefully it's a quick and
easy fix.

Kevin