arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Errors in my ArX workspace

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Errors in my ArX workspace
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 07:37:03 -0500

Walter Landry wrote:
Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

I just had a bit of a blow-up:

The problem seems to have arisen because I originally did an arx init-tree down in the light-hand subdirectory. More recently, I did an init-tree at the top level (grandparent of light-hand).

init-tree should not be trying to add files in a directory that has an
_arx subdirectory.  In general, "add" should not descend into
directories that are sub-trees, and should refuse to add anything with
a different tree root.  I have committed changes to enforce this in
arx.2.1,118.

Thanks for the bug report.

You're welcome (for the report). Fortunately, although these directories contain real work, it is work for which the histories are not really important to me (yet). If the recovery steps you gave me are successful, that's great. If not, no big loss.

I'm just happy to hear that it's an easy case to prevent in the future.

Now I just need to figure out what is preventing me from getting the latest ArX code...

Thanks,

Kevin