arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 22:54:33 -0500 (EST)

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Walter Landry wrote:
> > What happens when you actually "run arx"?
>
> ---
> address@hidden boost $ gdb arx
> GNU gdb 6.0
<snip>

The only thing I can think of is that I use gdb 6.1-debian.  Is it
possible to upgrade your version of gdb?  Also, what compiler are you
using?

In any case, does it work to get a single patch?  For example

  arx get-patch http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/wlandry/arx.2.1,99

If that works, I think we have a problem in

src/arx/utility_functions/get_revision/compute_revision_path/compute_revision_path.cpp

though it could earlier or later.  You could try a few print statements to find
out.  My second guess is that it is in

  src/arx/utility_functions/get_revision/build_revision_by_patching.cpp

> >>As an aside, it would be nice if arx --version reported the build
> >>date/time, in addition to the version. It would help me confirm that I'm
> >>really running the version I just recompiled.
> >
> > Yes, it would be nice.  I think a configure-time variable would work
> > best, in which case we would require an autoconf variable.  If you
> > know the appropriate autoconf incantation, it would save me some time.
>
> Why would that be better than printing __DATE__ and __TIME__?

Because I'm an idiot.  __DATE__ and __TIME__ is the solution.

Cheers,
Walter