arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] ArX marketing: the tag line

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] ArX marketing: the tag line
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:04:04 -0500

Walter Landry wrote:
Before I call it "portable", I would like it running on more
architectures.

Makes sense. As soon as it runs on Linux/unix/Mac/Windows we should call it "portable", to distinguish it from GNU arch.

I would also like to put out some stable ArX-2
releases before I call it "mature".

Also makes sense. As soon as possible, I want to distinguish it from Codeville, and to a lesser degree, monotone.

Finally, it seems that every
revision control system is "powerful".  However, I do like "easy to
use".  How about

  ArX is an easy to use distributed revision control system that
  combines high performance with remarkable power and flexibility.

I definitely like the first line. The second is ok with me. I can't think of anything better right now, so let's go with this if you're hapy with it.

P.S. I still have mixed feelings about the name ArX.

I still like the name.

Understood. Ok.

Kevin