arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:55:34 -0500 (EST)

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> While creating a new ArX web site, I tried to follow the instructions
> given on the existing home page. Got this:

> address@hidden work $ arx get --report
> http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/wlandry/arx.2.1 arx-official
> Segmentation fault
> address@hidden work $ arx --version
> ArX 2.1.1
>
> Copyright 2001-2004 by various contributors.  See CREDITS for details.
>
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> Report bugs to <address@hidden>.

I just tried it, and it worked for me.  What is odd is that it just
segfaulted.  All exceptions should be caught.

> I tried running from inside gdb, but the stack trace had almost no
> information. It was inside libgnomevfs. Maybe I could try rebuilding
> with debugging info.

That would be very useful.  Just run configure as

./configure CXXFLAGS="-g -Wall" --prefix=/path/to/install/dir

In particular, if you can find out what uri is causing the problem and
where gnome-vfs is being called, that will make it easier to track
down the bug.

Thanks,
Walter