arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Error trying to pull ArX 2.0

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Error trying to pull ArX 2.0
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 10:21:32 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Walter Landry wrote:
> > Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >>PROPFIND:1965: parser warning : xmlns:i0: 'DAV:' is not a valid URI
> >>sponse xmlns:lp0="DAV:" xmlns:lp1="http://apache.org/dav/props/";
> >>xmlns:i0="DAV:"
> >>                       ^PROPFIND:1983: parser warning : xmlns:lp0:
> >>'DAV:' is not a valid URI
> >><D:response xmlns:lp0="DAV:" xmlns:lp1="http://apache.org/dav/props/";
> >>xmlns:i0="
> >>

> >>(Ctrl-C after waiting several minutes, with periodic output as above)
> >

> > Unfortunately, this is entirely normal.
> (snip)
>  > I should put this in a FAQ somewhere, or on the front page.
>
> Ugh. Definitely needs to be documented, at a minimum!

Done.

> >   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-vfs-list/2004-February/msg00004.html
>
> Yuck. I hope some kind of fix reveals itself soon. The warnings are
> definitely unacceptable in the long run. Unfortunately, if it hasn't
> been fixed in the underlying libraries in 8 months, you may just need to
> hack around it yourself.

Certainly, something needs to be done.  As a point of interest, I
don't think that it prints the errors with the older version of
gnome-vfs on Redhat 9.

Also, I believe that gnome-vfs is moving to use libneon as a backend,
which may solve the problem.

<snip>
> It might be nice for the tutorial to cover the case of an existing ArX
> hosted remote project, and someone wanting to pull it to build, and then
> later to start making changes.

I will put it on my TODO list.

Walter