arx-users

[Arx-users] init-tree failure in arx2

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Arx-users] init-tree failure in arx2
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:47:50 -0400

ArX 2.0.0 (developer-only release), gentoo.

init-tree seems completely broken.

My $EDITOR is nano, and the behavior was the same even after I set my-editor in arx. When I say arx init-tree name, nano comes up, but then a console prompt appears on line 3 of my screen. The screen properties are hosed (no echo, bad newlines), but I am definitely back out in bash.

It created a ,,log file, and an empty _arx directory. Again, it would be nice if such things weren't left behind if the operation is aborted.

I just tried with my-editor as gedit, and it doesn't seem to wait for the editor to exit before continuing. So I'm back at a console prompt even before gedit comes up. After I exit gedit, my console is fine, and things are different, but still wrong:

$ arx init-tree light-hand
$ dir ,,*
,,address@hidden
$ dir _arx
++changes  ++default-branch  ++import
$ arx history
Problems with a filesystem call
boost::filesystem::directory_iterator constructor
/home/kevins/www/light-hand/_arx/patch-log

Kevin