arx-users

[Arx-users] Migrating to 2.0

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Arx-users] Migrating to 2.0
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:25:20 -0400

I successfully built arx 2.0(-pre) today (hooray!). Although one of my goals is/was to avoid learning arx1, I used arx1 to pull the arx2 source code. Now my arx2 working directory is in arx1 format, with an {arch} directory.

I assume arx2 cannot directly read arx1 archives. So it seems like I would have to have both executables on my system for some (possibly infinite) transition period. Obviously this is not a big deal for me, but seems like it would be for anyone who has been using arx for real work.

Is there a migration utility or planned migration path to upgrade existnig archives to arx2 format?

Also, do you (Walter) plan to host an arx2 source archive in arx2 format any time soon?

Thanks,

Kevin