arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Error trying to pull ArX 2.0

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Error trying to pull ArX 2.0
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:05:00 -0400

Walter Landry wrote:
Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

PROPFIND:1965: parser warning : xmlns:i0: 'DAV:' is not a valid URI
sponse xmlns:lp0="DAV:" xmlns:lp1="http://apache.org/dav/props/"; xmlns:i0="DAV:" ^PROPFIND:1983: parser warning : xmlns:lp0: 'DAV:' is not a valid URI <D:response xmlns:lp0="DAV:" xmlns:lp1="http://apache.org/dav/props/"; xmlns:i0="

(Ctrl-C after waiting several minutes, with periodic output as above)

Unfortunately, this is entirely normal.
(snip)
> I should put this in a FAQ somewhere, or on the front page.

Ugh. Definitely needs to be documented, at a minimum!

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-vfs-list/2004-February/msg00004.html

Yuck. I hope some kind of fix reveals itself soon. The warnings are definitely unacceptable in the long run. Unfortunately, if it hasn't been fixed in the underlying libraries in 8 months, you may just need to hack around it yourself.

ArX is just taking a long time.  If you pipe the stderr to /dev/null
(e.g. 2> /dev/null) and use the --report option, you should see visible
signs of progress.

Any idea how long it may take to pull ArX 2.0? Based on progress I've seen so far, it seems like it will take hours. I'm on a fast cable modem connection, using an Athlon 2600 (3700 bogomips).

Also, is it really right for "get" to start putting ,, files directly in the current directory? I actually expected it to create an arx subdirectory first (as cvs does), and I expected it to contain the ArX source code top-level directory (README, COPYING, etc).

It might be nice for the tutorial to cover the case of an existing ArX hosted remote project, and someone wanting to pull it to build, and then later to start making changes.

Thanks,

Kevin